We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher interested in algorithmic problems at the intersection of Computer Graphics and Additive Manufacturing (AM). In particular, we are focusing on problems arising in the entire chain of modeling and processing for AM, with an emphasis on algorithms tailored for small-scale and complex geometries. The recruited postdoc will have complete freedom to explore topics within this line of research.
Our methodologies of choice are rooted in procedural synthesis methods that can automatically create details within parts, under user control, such as to achieve the desired functionality after the shapes are fabricated. As the models we create are highly detailed, we develop specialized algorithms to visualize them, interact with their properties, and process their geometries before fabrication. For a glimpse of recent publications of our team following that line of research see https://mfx.loria.fr/publications/.
 Polyhedral Voronoi diagrams for Additive Manufacturing. Jonàs Martínez, Samuel Hornus, Haichuan Song, Sylvain Lefebvre. SIGGRAPH 2018.
 Procedural Phasor Noise. Thibault Tricard, Semyon Efremov, Cédric Zanni, Fabrice Neyret, Jonàs Martínez, Sylvain Lefebvre. SIGGRAPH 2019.
 Star-Shaped Metrics for Mechanical Metamaterial Design. Jonàs Martínez, Mélina Skouras, Christian Schumacher, Samuel Hornus, Sylvain Lefebvre, Bernhard Thomaszewski. SIGGRAPH 2019.
The recruited candidate will join the diverse and dynamic research environment of Inria Nancy Grand-Est. We host with a fully equipped fabrication lab, and have ongoing collaboration in material science, robotics, and the medical domain. Funding will be provided to attend conferences and workshops.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Starting date: 1st October 2019 (or until a suitable candidate is found)
- Applications to be sent as soon as possible.
- Monthly net salary between 2200-2500€ (depending on experience). Medical insurance included.
How to apply
Help and benefits
- Possibility of free French courses.
- Help for finding housing.
- Help for the resident card procedure and for husband/wife visa.
- Subsidized meals.
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs.
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours).
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours.